Saturday, February 6, 2010

A New Decade



Skiing, skiing, skiing..............So far in this new decade, I have been on skis more often than not. The snow hasn't been falling but that has not deterred me from skiing as much as I can. Trying to find good snow that has fallen is more difficult than it sounds these days. Rocky Mountain National Park has been windy as usual and not much more than a few inches has come from the sky over the past 2 weeks. I have now been directing my attention more to the Summit County zone as there seems to be more snow there and new terrain (for me). Most of my focus has been in preparation for an upcoming AMGA Ski Guides Course in March that will take place in Salt Lake City. Some other guides and I have been out practicing the beacon drill and sled rescue components of the course and exam so hopefully when the time comes, it will be a review.
Aside from skiing, I have been taking my usual abuse from the Alpine Training Center here in Boulder. Full time training, a few days of skiing, guiding, and some ice climbing thrown in, I'm feeling strong for the upcoming course and spring trips I have planned.

No comments:

Post a Comment